I completed my first fiber project of the year, Sun Splash, in the wee hours of the morning.

Several years ago I had taken a class and printed on fabric with paint. I took digital photos of the fabric.

IMG_1272

Then I took a few photos of sun flowers on a trip to New Jersey. One of the sunflower photos I layered with the photo of the fabric in Photoshop, blending the two images together. I also printed these photos on fabric.

Then in the last few days I took the image (the one that blended the fabric with sunflowers) and printed it on textured stabilizer. IMG_1282

Because the color was more vivid on the texturized stablizer (with Ink Aid also used) than the original prints on cotton fabric,  I took Derwent Inktense pencils, water and a brush and made those images more vivid.

IMG_1280

This is the resulting collage.

IMG_1288

©Copyright 2013

Advertisements