“When Love Blossomed” is the name of my newly completed quilt.

IMG_3304

The first step was to draw with water soluble pastel crayons onto a silk screen. After placing the screen down onto a yard or so of linen, I squeegeed gel medium through the screen transferring the image onto the linen.  I did this 6 times creating repeats of the image with fading and variations each time is was screen printed.  When the fabric was dry I put it out of sight in a cabinet and forgot about it for a long time.   I re-discovered the fabric not that long ago and used the water soluble pastels again to put additional color and details onto the designs.  Then I spread a very thin layer of matte medium over the fabric and let it dry.  I found a background fabric that I felt worked well with the colors in the flowers. Using Misty Fuse I cut the flowers out of the linen and fused them to the background fabric.  I stabilized the top quilt layer and did free motion applique, later adding a backing and batting and finishing with free motion quilting through all three quilt layers.

The completed wall hanging.

IMG_3291 copy

Close up details.

IMG_3295

©Copyright 2013

Advertisements